Pages

THE POWER OF JOY

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Joy is sandwiched between love and peace, it is the butter, cheese or whatever you like to put on your bread. The two slices of bread are love and peace. The Bread of Life, which came down from heaven (Jesus), said:

[John 15:7-11] If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 

How does one abide in Jesus? Isn't it by not only keeping but also hearing or reading His word so that the shared word can be eaten like bread, digested and then it gives us strength, which the joy of the Lord actually is?

(9) Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 

Abiding in His love, or dwelling in His love means, again, sharing it with others, for self-love is something we all are born with. It is the sharing, asking questions, thanking, expressing gratitude, showing signals like, "Hey brother, or sister, I  get it. I understand it. Wow this great! Wonderful! ... Boy, I'm so blessed to read it, hear it; and to know it." Then bless the channel; and as you pass it on; you are blessed as God's channel of the same living stream.   

(10) If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 

The keeping of commandments of Jesus is more than keeping the Ten Commandments; we are past that. The Ten Commandments are in our blood already, we go higher and beyond. By keeping His word He means bear fruits thereof; showing signs of that word being alive in us, blossoming and becoming fruitful in due season. Hallelujah! That's ecstatically wonderful. We rejoice over abundance in every area of our lives. Anything new, good and in great supply we rejoice over. That's our nature. How much more we would rejoice when our character changes for better? When you discover that that old sneaky nature you secretly kept, and any double-mindedness, is no longer there. You have discovered great value in open honesty and the singular true way; even the straight and narrow way that leads to life. You begin to see fruits after you have made the decision. Joy comes and drills a new well in you.

(11) These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. 

Jesus had the fulness of joy. From this abundant source he gives us only a drop and that drop becomes a well, a living spring of life. Fountain of joy that never goes away. 

Peace without joy is no peace. Peace without love and joy is also no peace. Imagine yourself in a triangle with your head under the roof with each foot on the bottom corners. The top is God's love and your feet are in peace and joy. 

[Ephesians 6:15] having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace. 

[Isaiah 52:7] How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness. 

DANCING FEET

[Psalm 30:11] You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness

It is not only God's will that you should be glad and joyful, but above all stay that way all the time. It is not self-made it is a well, which Jesus creates in you with that one drop of joy that acts like a deposit or seed; that well springs up and is always full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading